Summer is approaching and it’s time to start swapping the boots for the sliders and flip flops. Save your money this summer time with the ultimate step-by-step guide to a super cute at home pedicure. Better yet, it’s quick and easy to do yourself, without the need of any fancy UV light and gel kits.
What you will need:
- Bright/block colour nail polish
- Top coat
- Nail file
- Cuticle cutter
- Nail clipper
- Nail polish remover
- Two (big toe sized) stick on nails
- Nail glue
- Gems (optional)
- We’re going to start off by cutting our nails to our desired shape and length, with a nail clipper. I am using straight edge clipper for a square shape as I feel it looks best on the feet.
2. After this, we will use the cuticle cutter to push back and cut our cuticles.
3. Once we’ve got our cuticles off, we will file the edges and surface of our nails. This removes ridges and gives the nails a smooth surface. Filing the surface is also a great way of making nail polish last longer, as it creates a matte surface for the polish to grip onto.
4. I’m then going to wipe over my nails with a cotton pad dabbed in nail polish remover. This will remove any natural oils from the nail surface, as well as the dust left from filing.